Fortunately, most Americans, while dumbed-down and anesthetized by unrewarding, or, no work, crushing debt, cheap watered down beer, no way out, and diminishing dreams and hope; see through the pledge as nothing new and altogether the same as the so-called Contract with America, conjured up by that philandering fool, Newt Gingrich.
Here's some of what they are pledging to do on behalf their Wall Street, Big Oil, Insurance Tsars, and Drug Company Oligarch masters:
- Cut Taxes for the wealthy, while the American middle-class disappears.
- Snip away at the health care reform that is bringing relief to seniors, boomers, adult children, and those afflicted with preconditions or life-time chronic diseases.
- Continue conditions guaranteeing windfall profits to stateless corporations during the the worst economic crises in America since the great depression.
- Hand over Social Security and Medicare to Wall Street, Drug and Insurance companies.
- Cut back or entirely eliminate regulations reigning in the excesses of credit card lenders, insurance companies, Wall Street bankers and financiers, and oil companies like BP and Exon.
- Make rich the lobbyists, big corporations and special interests while driving up the deficit by trillions of dollars.
They will do all this without ever putting forth and program, proposal or policy to improve education, put America back to work, rebuild a decayed infrastructure that threatens to bring us down to third-world levels, or any plan to invest in key industries like clean energy and manufacturing.
If you're not registered to vote, do so today!. Make certain you do vote....for a Democrat. And volunteer to work with your Democratic precinct chair in getting out the vote on election day. Otherwise, you're going to see mnore of the same..only much, much, much worse.