The right-wing's noise machine is blasting away full-volume over comedienne Wanda Sykes's digs at Rush Limbaugh at the White House Correspondent's Dinner.
In case you missed it, she mused, "...he was the twentieth hijacker on 9/11, but he was so strung out on Oxycontin that he missed his flight."
Now the mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging conservatoids are in full umbrage claiming that Sykes's "went over the line!"
First, to these idiots I want to say, there is no damned line! Line? Get a grip and shut up! It was a joke by a comic, brought in to make jokes. But by comparison, let's review twenty of that fat, loud-mouthed, dope-fiend's more outrageous utterances--which, by the by, were not intended as jokes and which got no censure from the inbred right-wing.
1. “There is no conclusive proof that nicotine’s addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease.”
2. “Columbus saved the Indians from themselves.”
3. "He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."
4. “[African Americans] are twelve percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”
5. “Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.”
6. “Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.”
7. “We are a growing country and everybody needs energy! We're not going to stay the United States if we start reducing energy usage. Conservation is not the answer.”
8. On torture at Abu Ghraib: “This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation. And we're going to ruin people's lives over it, and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are being fired at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time, these people—you ever heard of emotional release? You ever heard of need to blow some steam off?”
9. “Screw the world. Do you really think we ought to govern ourselves based on what the world thinks of us?”
10. "President Obama ordered the killing of three black Muslim kids."
11. “I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”
12. “You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed”.
13. “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”
14. “Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons.” There, I said it.
15. “The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”
16.” They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”
17. “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back”(to an African American female caller).
18. “I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.”
19. Limbaugh attacks on Obama. Limbaugh has called Obama a ‘halfrican American’ has said that Obama was not black but Arab because Kenya is an Arab region, even though Arabs are less than one percent of Kenya.
20. “I hope he fails”. (On Obama’s election as President)
Line? What damned line?